Hello Guest !!! Welcome to LearnCAx community forum. All the forums are open for view to everyone. If you wish to participate in any discussion or ask question, login using your LearnCAx account. If you are new to LearnCAx, create your FREE LearnCAx account now !!

Login

Create FREE LearnCAx Account Now !!

QUESTION: Is Student version of the Ansys software enough

Is Student version of the Ansys software enough 3 years 2 weeks ago #1

Dear sir
i have completed my BE in mechanical engg and i am interested in learning CFD.
I have looked at the course " Intensive Training programme in CFD Analysis"
i am looking for the further studies in CFD in UK, so would this course give me an edge while applying in the university?
would i be able to perform all the task in the course using free student version software available on the ansys website?
The administrator has disabled public write access. Please login with LearnCAx account.

Is Student version of the Ansys software enough 3 years 2 weeks ago #2

• Vijay Mali
  • M.Tech. (Aerodyanamics) IIT Bombay
  • Thanks received : 96
  • Upvotes : 16
Hi Jainil,

I think you have selected good course. Intensive course covers many aspects of CFD, starting from fundamentals, covering basics of software then advance topics like heat transfer, rotating machinery and multiphase. So its almost all to know about CFD and usage of CFD software.

I think knowledge of CFD and how to use CFD software like ANSYS FLUENT will definitely give you an edge while applying for universities. In my opinion, you should get some knowledge about the software as well as apply that knowledge on some projects. You can then put work experience on those projects in your SOP. That will make the Prof. confident about your knowledge about CFD. I also suggest you to go through in-depth CFD fundamentals course. I have outlined most of things in my blog "How to Learn CFD ? – The Beginner’s Guide". This blog also have some good references about learning CFD fundamentals.

I think ANSYS FREE student version would be sufficient to learn and while you go through this course. There is limitation of 0.5 million cells, but that should not be problem. If any of your problem is crossing this limit, you can always simplify the problem with some valid approximation to get it down to 0.5 million cell count.

I hope this is helps you to lay down your learning path. Let me know if you have any further questions on this.

Thanks
Vijay Mali
LearnCAx
www.learncax.com
The administrator has disabled public write access. Please login with LearnCAx account.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jainil Kiranbhai Shah, satya prakash pandey, Chethan Lakshmana

Browse Knowledge Base

Recommended By

Get Instant Updates

Subscribe to get instant updates about CFD courses, projects, blogs, webinars, software tutorials & CFD jobs

Search Knowledge Base

By Keyword

By Author

By Tag