Hello Guest !!! Welcome to LearnCAx community forum. All the forums are open for view to everyone. If you wish to participate in any discussion or ask question, login using your LearnCAx account. If you are new to LearnCAx, create your FREE LearnCAx account now !!

Login

Create FREE LearnCAx Account Now !!

QUESTION: Minimum system requirements to install ansys ICEM CFD,CFX and FLUENT

Minimum system requirements to install ansys ICEM CFD,CFX and FLUENT 3 years 3 months ago #1

Hi Vijay,

Can you please share minimum system requirements to install Ansys ICEM CFD,CFX and FLUENT.
The administrator has disabled public write access. Please login with LearnCAx account.

Minimum system requirements to install ansys ICEM CFD,CFX and FLUENT 3 years 3 months ago #2

• Vijay Mali
  • M.Tech. (Aerodyanamics) IIT Bombay
  • Thanks received : 96
  • Upvotes : 16
Hi Junaid,

I think the question is incomplete. If you are just trying to install the software, system with 10 GB disk space and 2 GB RAM should be sufficient.

But I guess the correct question is what is minimum system requirement to use these software ? Right ? :)

The system requirement for the use will depend on what sort of problems you want to solve. What will be maximum cell count you want to solve for and how fast you want the results. Its general guideline that you should have 1 GB RAM for 1 million cells. Please take this only as a guideline.

Please do google with search keywords as "System requirement of CFD", and you will find many references. Few of them are following:

1. System Requirements - Given my Autodesk
  2. Selecting a Computer for CFD - Given by CFD.NINJA

Selecting the system is a tricky stuff and guided by your simulation requirements. To take a good decision and let me know what is configuration you have gone for.

Thanks
Vijay Mali
LearnCAx
www.learncax.com
Last Edit: 3 years 3 months ago by Vijay Mali.
The administrator has disabled public write access. Please login with LearnCAx account.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Junaid Shaikh

Browse Knowledge Base

Recommended By

Get Instant Updates

Subscribe to get instant updates about CFD courses, projects, blogs, webinars, software tutorials & CFD jobs

Search Knowledge Base

By Keyword

By Author

By Tag