Hello Guest !!! Welcome to LearnCAx community forum. All the forums are open for view to everyone. If you wish to participate in any discussion or ask question, login using your LearnCAx account. If you are new to LearnCAx, create your FREE LearnCAx account now !!

Login

Create FREE LearnCAx Account Now !!

QUESTION: Which course to choose

Which course to choose 3 years 3 months ago #1

I am doing my Doctoral and I have already had a CFD course at Masters and PhD level. But I want to know CFD that the commercial softwares use and I want to learn the softwares as such. Should I learn every software separately or Is there any course that combines all ?
The administrator has disabled public write access. Please login with LearnCAx account.

Which course to choose 3 years 3 months ago #2

• Vijay Mali
  • M.Tech. (Aerodyanamics) IIT Bombay
  • Thanks received : 96
  • Upvotes : 16
Hi Sindhu,

"Which software to learn" is really a difficult question to answer. That completely depends on your end goal. I mean, what is that you want to after learning the software ? Are you looking for job in industry? are you looking for using the software in your research ? Are you looking for using the software in your teaching ? Etc. There are many end goals and which software to learn depends on the end goal.

I have written a small guide about how to learn CFD ? This guide might give answers to some of your questions. I strongly suggest you to go through the "How to Learn CFD ? – The Beginner’s Guide".

About "Do you have any course combining all the software ?

We don't have any course like that. We have a course, which covers all the physics using ANSYS software. The course is "Intensive Training programme in CFD Analysis". This course starts with basic using of ANSYS FLUENT software and then covers advance topics like heat transfer, rotating machinery and multi-phase flow analysis. You will find the details of the course in course description and syllabus section of course page.

As I said before, think about your end goal and where you want to use your CFD software knowledge. That would give you some guidelines about what to learn. If you have any further question, I would be glad provide any guidance (whatever possible in my capacity :) ).

Thanks
Vijay Mali
LearnCAx
www.learncax.com
The administrator has disabled public write access. Please login with LearnCAx account.

Browse Knowledge Base

Recommended By

Get Instant Updates

Subscribe to get instant updates about CFD courses, projects, blogs, webinars, software tutorials & CFD jobs

Search Knowledge Base

By Keyword

By Author

By Tag