Hello Guest !!! Welcome to LearnCAx community forum. All the forums are open for view to everyone. If you wish to participate in any discussion or ask question, login using your LearnCAx account. If you are new to LearnCAx, create your FREE LearnCAx account now !!

Login

Create FREE LearnCAx Account Now !!

QUESTION: The boundries are not getting read in ansys fluent while they appear in the ICEM CFD

The boundries are not getting read in ansys fluent while they appear in the ICEM CFD 3 years 3 weeks ago #1

My mesh when I read it in Fluent then the edges which I am suppose to give boundary conditions they don't appear in the Fluent. I have tried autoblock mesh method and even by creating blocks. But the boundaries are not getting imported in fluent. please help. my analysis is 2d flow simulation. and I am selecting ansys fluent as solver in ICEM CFD while I write the mesh..... please help... :( :( :( :( :( :(
The administrator has disabled public write access. Please login with LearnCAx account.

The boundries are not getting read in ansys fluent while they appear in the ICEM CFD 3 years 3 weeks ago #2

• Vijay Mali
  • M.Tech. (Aerodyanamics) IIT Bombay
  • Thanks received : 96
  • Upvotes : 16
Hi Ketan,

No matter what meshing method you use, for zone labels (boundaries) to appear in ANSYS FLUENT, you need to create the parts.

Follow below procedure to get the boundaries in ANSYS FLUENT

1. Finalize the geometry (CFD domain)
  2. Create geometry parts as per your boundary condition requirements. In your case as domain is 2D, create a part called Inlet and select the edge you want to consider as inlet in ANSYS FLUENT.
  3. Follow the same procedure for other boundaries
  4. Create the mesh
  5. Export mesh for ANSYS FLUENT
  6. Open mesh in ANSYS FLUENT

You should able to see the boundary zone in ANSYS FLUENT now.

Thanks
Vijay Mali
LearnCAx
www.learncax.com
Last Edit: 3 years 3 weeks ago by Vijay Mali.
The administrator has disabled public write access. Please login with LearnCAx account.

The boundries are not getting read in ansys fluent while they appear in the ICEM CFD 3 years 3 weeks ago #3

I have used the exact procedure you have described but the I am not able to see the boundaries. see this is the file I am sending please reply.... and tell me my mistake and process

The boundries are not getting read in ansys fluent while they appear in the ICEM CFD 3 years 3 weeks ago #4

I Have followed the exact same procedure as you have mentioned but still my problem is the same. Please see the attached file for you reference

This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

The boundries are not getting read in ansys fluent while they appear in the ICEM CFD 3 years 3 weeks ago #5

I Have followed the exact same procedure as you have mentioned but still my problem is the same. Please see the attached file for you reference... please reply.

The boundries are not getting read in ansys fluent while they appear in the ICEM CFD 3 years 3 weeks ago #6

• Vijay Mali
Hi Ketan,

I think the problem is "FLUID" part. It contains the duplicate edges of same as that of "INLET", "OUTLET" and GAPS part. The mesh is has FLUID label but not "INLET", "OUTLET" and "GAPS" label.

FLUID-part.png

I am not sure why you have FLUID part there. You need to delete FLUID part, create a body name "FLUID" using create body option and then generate mesh.

I have delete the FLUID part and created V_FLUID body. Attached is the corrected tin file. Try creating mesh on this and then import this in ANSYS FLUENT. Let me know if this works.

Thanks

Vijay Mali
LearnCAx
www.learncax.com

The boundries are not getting read in ansys fluent while they appear in the ICEM CFD 3 years 3 weeks ago #7

yes it works!!! but now I have another problem. suppose I have my inlet and outlet as circular section. And I am creating the body by using two centroid method by selecting a vertex on the boundary and a vertex on the gap so as to define my body, now if I mesh this then the mesh which is generated is kinda wrong. could you please tell the exact procedure to mesh this domain. I have attached this file to this. please have a look.

The boundries are not getting read in ansys fluent while they appear in the ICEM CFD 3 years 3 weeks ago #8

• Vijay Mali
Hi Ketan,

There is no surface in your geometry. Why ? You need to have surface to make sure that the mesh is projected correct on the surface. Follow below procedure to create a surface.

1. Create single surface using outer boundary
  2. Do build topology (this will divide the surface using inside curves)
  3. Delete unwanted inside surfaces
  4. Create material point using the two points (select two points such that the material point lies inside the surface)
  5. Create a mesh

I am not sure how you are creating the mesh. What method are you using for meshing ?

Vijay
Vijay Mali
LearnCAx
www.learncax.com

The boundries are not getting read in ansys fluent while they appear in the ICEM CFD 3 years 3 weeks ago #9

I will be using autoblock or patch dependent meshing type!!!!
Do you suggest I should go for blocking!!!!! I am mean the geometry I have sent you is simple and less complex!! It's just that I have made it simple to just understand the process!!!
May suggest that I should go for blocking but that will involve o grid and c girds!! What do you suggest!!!!!!

The boundries are not getting read in ansys fluent while they appear in the ICEM CFD 3 years 3 weeks ago #10

I Am using patch dependent meshing method to mesh it.
although I have tried using autoblock.
do you suggest to do blocking????
Thanks

The boundries are not getting read in ansys fluent while they appear in the ICEM CFD 3 years 3 weeks ago #11

• Vijay Mali
Hi Ketan,

The best to create multiblock meshing. I dont this autoblock will work. Patch dependent may work. Make sure that you define good mesh size of surfaces and curves.

Are you able to create a mesh after what I suggested ?
Vijay Mali
LearnCAx
www.learncax.com

The boundries are not getting read in ansys fluent while they appear in the ICEM CFD 3 years 3 weeks ago #12

yes I tried and it worked. but for my full scale model its taking too much time for meshing. Check my full scale model and suggest. I need to fit in at least 10 quad cell in in my channel. What do you suggest.??

The boundries are not getting read in ansys fluent while they appear in the ICEM CFD 3 years 3 weeks ago #13

When I try to mesh my domain it show this following error. I have attached it to this message. Please tell me what are the possible reasons for this error I am seeing.

Capture.png

The boundries are not getting read in ansys fluent while they appear in the ICEM CFD 3 years 3 weeks ago #14

• Vijay Mali
Hi Ketan,

I have seen all your post and geometry. Why there is no surface in the geometry ? I have mentioned that before. You need to create the surface, do build topology and delete unwanted surface.

Have you tried above ? If not try this and let me know what happens ?
Vijay Mali
LearnCAx
www.learncax.com

Browse Knowledge Base

Recommended By

Get Instant Updates

Subscribe to get instant updates about CFD courses, projects, blogs, webinars, software tutorials & CFD jobs

Search Knowledge Base

By Keyword

By Author

By Tag