Hello Guest !!! Welcome to LearnCAx community forum. All the forums are open for view to everyone. If you wish to participate in any discussion or ask question, login using your LearnCAx account. If you are new to LearnCAx, create your FREE LearnCAx account now !!

Login

Create FREE LearnCAx Account Now !!

QUESTION: facade wall modeling in a room

facade wall modeling in a room 3 years 1 month ago #1

• Nima_NZ
  • Upvotes : 0
Hi
I want to model the room with one facade wall and window.
How can I consider the insulation value (R) for facade wall and overall heat transfer (U) in fluent? I can't find a way to input these data.
Know I input the convection heat transfer coefficient h for outside of the wall, but when we have the thin wall the conduction doesn't affect the model and it doesn't matter if we have insulation material or not.

Thanks.
The administrator has disabled public write access. Please login with LearnCAx account.

facade wall modeling in a room 3 years 1 month ago #2

• Vijay Mali
  • M.Tech. (Aerodyanamics) IIT Bombay
  • Thanks received : 96
  • Upvotes : 16
Hi Nima,

I am not sure what is that you are trying to model, but just guessing from your query.

Looks like, you want to consider the wall thickness as well as insulation. Modeling both is not possible using thin wall. You can model one of them using shell conduction. If you want to model both, you need to create the solid material for both of them and then use the material properties.

Generally the resistance provided for heat flow is relatively very large for insulation. So if you have strong insulation, you can neglect the resistance provided by wall material. If this is true, just model the thin wall and provide insulation properties using shell conduction.

Thanks
Vijay Mali
LearnCAx
www.learncax.com
The administrator has disabled public write access. Please login with LearnCAx account.

Browse Knowledge Base

Recommended By

Get Instant Updates

Subscribe to get instant updates about CFD courses, projects, blogs, webinars, software tutorials & CFD jobs

Search Knowledge Base

By Keyword

By Author

By Tag