1. What resources will I need for this class?
For this course you will need an internet connection, a modern browser and Scilab software.
2. Can I get software access?
LearnCAx do not provide Scilab software, but as it is open source software you can get it from www.scilab.org .
3. Does this course require any prerequisite knowledge of programing?
No, this course is for beginners so although if you do not have any knowledge of programming, you can take this course.
4. Can I use a Mac or Linux for the course?
Yes you can use any of these operating systems- Windows XP, 7, 8, Linux or Mac. Scilab software is compatible with all these operating systems.
5. I don’t have an engineering background. Can I take this course?
Yes, you can. In-fact we have designed the course with this assumption only. We do not expect you to have an engineering background to attend this course. The course is designed for beginners and is self-contained. But we assume that you have fundamental knowledge of mathematics and physics.
6. When I can start the course and how much time is needed to complete the course?
The course is available all the time. Time necessary to start the course is what you need to create a LearnCAx login :). Considering difficulty level, understanding capacity and necessary extra reading, on average, we expect this course to be finished in 2 to 3 weeks.
7. How difficult is this course?
The course is designed for beginners and we believe that it’s easy for everyone.
8. Will I get a certificate after completing this course?
No, you will not get certificate for completing this course.
9. I have few queries related to work I am doing. Can I contact you?
As the course is designed for beginners, so you might have specific questions. Feel free to ask those questions using the link “Ask a Question” given on course page.
10. This course has only 4 video lessons visible right now. How can I see remaining video lessons?
This course is part of free course initiative by LearnCAx. Within a free course, lessons are developed and launched one by one. The remaining lessons are under preparation and will be launched soon. You can provide us your email address and we will notify you once the new lesson is launched.